Sunday, February 28, 2010

Singing Sunday

Singing Sunday:

I’m taking a chapter from The Mountain Brooke playbook and naming a day and the purpose for a blog!

Behold the Singing Sunday!

I know a certain redhead
with gaudy pipes of gold
who could a song so sweetly sing
and gladden hearts so cold

I miss my friend and hearing her sing on Sundays and Wednesday nights and the random times a favorite song of hers was on the radio or her computers and she just had to let me know how much she liked it by singing along to it.

So I’m instituting singing Sundays – because its mainly when I get to blog and thus reference a particular hymn and how it makes me feel from church. Today is “I could not do without thee” - Czech out the whole hymn here - but for now, the two most impactful stanzas to me from the hymn by Frances Havergal:

I could not do without Thee,
O Jesus, Savior dear;
E’en when my eyes are holden,
I know that Thou art near.
How dreary and how lonely
This changeful life would be,
Without the sweet communion,
The secret rest with Thee!

I could not do without Thee;
No other friend can read
The spirit’s strange deep longings,
Interpreting its need;
No human heart could enter
Each dim recess of mine,
And soothe, and hush, and calm it,
O blessèd Lord, but Thine.

No comments:

Post a Comment